Project Management Day of Service™ (PMDoS) 2016
Welcome to the Project Management Day of Service™ (PMDoS™) Newsletter!
Change is right around the corner. Are you ready? This January—on Martin Luther King Day—a band of talented professionals is uniting to change the world. Do you want to be among us?
But let’s back up. Martin Luther King, a change agent like few before or since, also advocated service - to our communities, to those in need. That is why Project Management for Change, the Taproot Foundation, and five local Project Management Institute (PMI) chapters have aligned their resources to coordinate this massive day of service. We call it PMDoS™ and we want you to be a part of it.
PMDoS™ is a community outreach event of unprecedented scale enabling pro bono Project Management services for nonprofits and social change organizations. It is a one day problem-solving event where nonprofits and social change organizations are matched with project management subject matter experts. Together, participants discuss and diagnose a critical problem and then scope and plan a project to help address the issue.
A 60 person all-volunteer PMO is hard at work preparing for PMDoS 2016 which we hope to make twice as big as PMDoS 2015. Our goal is to have 800 project managers provide project management expertise (pro bono) to 200 nonprofit organizations.
Earn PDUs by Helping Those Who Help Others
Registration for the project management volunteers for the Project Management Day of Service (PMDoS™) is now open! We’re seeking 800 passionate volunteers from the Greater DC and Baltimore metro areas.
As a reminder, you MUST register online to participate on the day of the event.
(If you’ve given us your business card or filled out the newsletter form, this only signs you up for the newsletter.)
Here are three reasons why you should volunteer now:
Join us on Martin Luther King Day 2016 (Monday, January 18, 2016) at the Adele H. Stamp Student Union, University of Maryland in College Park.
- Use your professional expertise to help those who help others in our community.
- Advance your career by expanding your network and strengthening your skills.
- Gain a minimum of 5 PDUs with an investment of 4 hours on the day of the event and at least one training PDU in advance.
Complete the Volunteer Application by November 15th to take advantage of the early bird donation price of $20.
Please consider making an additional donation or asking your company if they offer grants or sponsorships in support of their employees’ volunteer involvement in the communities. The cost to hold the bigger and better PMDoS 2016 will be $250,000 in cash and in-kind sponsorship support. We need your help in order to help those who help others! All funds go to Project Management for Change, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and may be tax deductible. PMDoS is an all-volunteer event, 100% of donations go to PMDoS programs.
Join us in raising the profile of the Project Management profession while having impact in our local community!
Last year, 350 project managers provided pro bono project management to nearly 100 nonprofits. PMDoS 2015 was so successful that we plan on scoping twice as many projects this year!
For PMDoS 2015 we raised $60,000 in cash donations, of which $10,000 was from project management volunteers and $50,000 came from charitable commitments of local, corporate, and small businesses. We also received over $200,000 in in-kind goods and services.
The cost to hold the bigger and better PMDoS 2016 will be $250,000 in in-kind and cash donations. We need your help in order to help those who help others!
We are also in need of in-kind sponsorships including:
Why sponsor PMDoS?
- Food and beverages
- Office supplies for the day of the event
- Marketing materials (t-shirts, bags, etc.)
- Prize items for participants
- USB drives
Check out the sponsorship packages available and a list of our 2015 sponsors, as well as our new 2016 sponsors. For more information or to discuss customized sponsorship packages, email sponsorship@PMDoS.org
- All donations go to Project Management for Change, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. PMDoS is an all-volunteer event and 100% of donations will go to supporting the event.
- Raise your corporate social responsibility profile! Your support will help local nonprofit organizations in our community do more!
- PMDoS receives a large press presence leading up to and during the event . In 2015 we were widely publicized - we were even mentioned in the White House press release and the U.S. Secretary of Commerce attended to kick off the day!
- Put your name, products and services in front of the 200 nonprofit organizations and 800 project managers attending the event this year, as well as the promotional and marketing materials that will reach tens of thousands in our community.
- This event is going national. In 2015, we supported PMDoS Houston and there are several other cities looking to hold a PMDoS between now and early 2017 when we are planning a region-wide event.
Do you work for a nonprofit or social change organization?
Registration for YOU is also available for the Project Management Day of Service (PMDoS™)! Click here to learn more about the Taproot Foundation and to register to have your critical business problem scoped and planned by project management experts!